Ed works for free! Just donate 2.5x his fee to a mutually agreed upon charity.
Many of my clients have indicated that they would prefer that any philanthropic activities conducted on their behalf directly benefit the Tampa Bay Area. As a result, I will continue to honor the 11% to international charities on request, but have started to increase funding to the community outreach program to sponsor local initiatives. Check out the community outreach page to see what Ed DiMarco Realty, LLC and Ed DiMarco Professional Services, LLC is doing in your community.
11% of all fees earned by Ed DiMarco Realty, LLC and Ed DiMarco Professional Services, LLC will be donated to one of these 3 thoroughly screened charities on request:
- MAP International: Health and hope for a hurting
- Kiplinger’s Best Charities Review: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4042
- MAP International’s Website: www.map.org/
- Direct Relief International: Healthy people.
Better world. Since 1948
- Kiplinger’s Best Charities Review: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3626
- DRI’s Website: www.directrelief.org/
- Fauna & Flora International: Innovative
conservation since 1903
- Kiplinger’s Best Charities Review: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=10635
- FFI’s Website: www.fauna-flora.org/
This is not 11% of profits after overhead, taxes, and expenses; it is 11% right off the top. I do insist
that it be one of the three charities listed above. Some charities do better
dollar per dollar. These charities are the three I feel best about donating to.
I love my businesses and have never been afraid of hard work
and long hours, but I never wanted to be a workaholic chasing after ever
increasing amounts of profit. I’ve always wanted to be a workaholic for a good
cause! I’m passionate about my businesses, and I volunteer and give when I can,
but I noticed that I was feeling jaded as my businesses expanded. I developed
the “someday I’ll make a substantial difference in the world when I get some
free time” syndrome. Now, I get up each day brimming with greater meaning and
purpose. I get to offer my clients an incredible service while doing what I
love and making a real difference in the world. It’s a wonderful life!